Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Besties

Today I took some pictures of my daughter and her bestie. These girls have known each other literally their entire lives. They have taken swimming lessons and gymnastics together, and they have been travelling and gone on adventures together. 

Today wasn't just a "photo shoot", it was a celebration of a special relationship I hope Princess can have forever. I hope they call each other every day as teenagers and go on double dates. I hope they are university roommates someday, are in each other's weddings someday, and I hope that someday they have play dates with their kids. 

But even if they don't, right now I treasure who they are to each other in this moment. They tell each other secrets, and cheer each other on. They build forts in my dining room, and make fairy houses in the park. They draw each other pictures, and Princess chomps at the bit to text her bestie whenever she has screen time. They laugh together, cry together, and love each other a whole lot.

Today I celebrated a relationship between two special little girls.





No comments:

Post a Comment