Thursday, March 29, 2012

California Dreamin'


It's official, we're booking our first family Disneyland trip!! Hubbyman and I have a love affair with Disneyland - it's where we honeymooned, and it's where we went for our first anniversary. We never thought it'd be this long (6 and a half years) until we'd go again, and we can't wait any longer!

We're going in just about 8 months from today. Princess will be 5 and a half, Tobes will be 2 and a half, and we are so excited! (Except shhh! I have to stop talking about it in front of them - it's a surprise! Thankfully neither have caught on yet...)

We've gotten some flack about their ages, and have heard that we should wait. I know that Tobes might not remember anything, and that Princess will only remember some (she's the same age I was when I first went), but the reality is this won't be their last trip, and they're both young enough to fully believe in the magic of it all :) They're also both tall enough now to ride almost all the rides, which is also important. We'll take them again when they're older, and THOSE can be the trips they remember. This trip is for Hubby and I, and we get to share all the magic of the park with our babies. Princess will FLIP when she meets "real" Princesses, and I know Tobes will love going on some of the rides (he's my adrenaline junkie). We'll take them to Toontown to meet Micky and Minne, and all their friends, and we'll check out the new land that's opening up this summer.

We're staying IN the park at one of the hotels this time (for the experience, as well as for the convenience if we need a mid-day rest), and we're going "for Christmas", which means we'll be in my favorite place at my favorite time of the year, and just the thought of that overwhelms me a little! The lights, the music, the decorations, I super-duper can't wait!

This week I've started to fill out our passport information. Princess and I both had passports from when we went to Ireland when she was a year old, but I accidentally let both lapse. Tobes will need one as well, and as for Hubbyman, well, I just hope he has space left in his by that point! That also means new passport pictures, which should be nothing short of interesting when it comes to Tobes. Princess was less than a year when we got hers done, so she just stared at the camera and all was fine. Tobes is my Mr. Funnyface! I'm not too worried, it should just be... interesting ;) That's on my to-do list for next week.

I'm also checking out as many forums and boards as I can, including disboards.com, micechat.com, and mouseplanet.com. If there's any I'm missing, please feel free to comment below!

I know I'll post more on this later. I'm just so freaking excited. SO. FREAKING. EXCITED!!!

1 comment:

  1. So I've got an update! We're booked! Hubbyman called me at lunch today to let me know! We've got 6 days in the park (a bonus day, which means we can take the kids the afternoon we arrive, versus sitting at the hotel with a bunch of hyped-up children... Who are we kidding? It means that I can go instead of buzzing around the hotel room all afternoon!) and the hotel is all set up!!

    EEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete